Family arrangement in writing can avoid dispute over Property

The Private Client team at Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas shares their comments and opinions in an article in the  following Q&A which was published by the Mint Newspaper on 21st July, 2021 and the online edition of the same can be found here.

My husband died in 2020 and left a house and a flat (currently on rent) in my name. Besides, there are some assets such as jewellery and fixed deposits that I intend to equally distribute among my two children. Should I get a Will registered for the purpose, since my son is not happy that I want to give an equal share to my daughter as well? How do I ensure that the property does not go into dispute after my demise?