Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA)

HUF Property

The following article was first published in the Mint newspaper on 7th December, 2022. The same was written by our Private Client team at Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas, who frequently publish their comments and opinions in the Mint. The online version of the article can be found here.

I want to transfer certain shares from my elder brother’s HUF (Hindu undivided family) account to my individual account as he is more than 75 years old now. I am not a member of his HUF. What is the legal procedure to transfer these stocks?

—Name withheld on requestContinue Reading What is the legal procedure to transfer shares from my brother’s HUF account?